As KLST evolves, we may need to update this Policy to keep pace with changes in the Service and laws applicable to us and you; we will, however, always maintain our commitment to respect your privacy.
I. Information Collection and Use
What Information Does KLST Collect About Me and Why?
We collect very little personal information about our users, especially users of our free service. A list of the “Personal Information” KLST may collect, and why we collect it, follows:
- Your username, email address, and contact preferences. This lets us create your account, provide you with convenient and personalized access to your account, and deliver and support the Service. This information also helps us communicate with you about your use of the Service, product announcements and software updates, as well as respond to your requests for assistance (including providing account verification support if you’re having difficultly accessing your account). In addition, we may use your Personal Information to send you marketing emails and special offers about the Service. For more information, please see the section below entitled, “Will KLST Send Me Emails?”
- For Premium users, transactional information such as your credit card number and billing address or your PayPal or Google Wallet account information. This lets us process your payments for Premium services.
- The geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices (as indicated by an IP address or similar identifier), and the language you select when interacting with the KLST apps and services. We collect this information in order to help us deliver and support the App and Service, including by localizing your app and service experience. It also helps us improve our understanding of how our users use the Service.
- The KLST products and services you use. This information helps us deliver and support the Service and respond to your requests for assistance. We also collect this information to improve our understanding of how our users use the Service.
KLST’s web site and applications also collect and receive information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform within your account, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies. When you access our apps such as Annotate101, that application will request access to certain information on your computing device.
Gathering this kind of information helps us administer the Service, provide convenient and personalized user access, improve the features and usability of our products and Service, analyze user trends and information about users’ use of our Service (including the extent to which our users share or make public notes and notebooks), collect information about use and growth of the Service in specific regions, and evaluate the content and organization of our site. We do NOT collect information about you to deliver any targeted advertising to you, or track your visits to any third-party websites.
In addition, we automatically gather non-personally identifiable information that indicates your association with one of our business partners or certain promotions. We use this information to determine the amount of revenue share payments to make to partners with whom we might have such arrangements and to provide anonymized aggregate reports.
Tell Me More About The Tracking Information KLST Collects?
What Is KLST’s Approach to Information Collected From Children?
KLST complies with the US Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), which requires us to notify and obtain consent from a parent or guardian before we collect, use and disclose the personal information of children who are under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age without such consent, and if we learn that we have inadvertently done so, we will promptly delete it.
Will KLST Send Me Emails?
From time to time, we may want to contact you with information about product announcements, software updates and special offers. We also may want to contact you with information about products and services from our business partners. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within KLST email updates.
II. Information Access and Disclosure
Does KLST Share My Personal Information or Content? KLST is not in the business of selling or renting user information, and we only disclose information when:
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers who process data on our behalf and subject to strict data protection requirements.
- We need to share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to fulfill your product or service requests.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the Service.
- We determine that the access, preservation or disclosure of information is required or permitted by law to protect the rights, property or personal safety of KLST and our users or is required to comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, court orders or other legal process.
- We need to do so in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of our business, as permitted by applicable law.
Some applications that work with our Service may ask for permission to access your Content or other information about your account. Those applications will provide you with notice and request your consent in order to obtain such access or information. Please consider your selection of such applications, and your permissions, carefully.
Does KLST Review My Content?
As a rule, KLST employees do not monitor or view your personal information or Content stored in the Service, but it may be viewed if we believe our Terms of Service have been violated and confirmation is required, if we need to do so in order to respond to your requests for user support, or we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it as described in our Terms of Service. Your Content also may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of KLST and its users, or in order to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders or other legal process.
Does KLST Ever Make Any of My Personal Information or Content Public?
No. Note, however, that certain portions of the KLST web sites and Service, designated as “public” and are open to any online viewer. Any information that you post in these locations can be read, collected and used by anyone and could enable others to send you unsolicited messages. KLST enables you to determine whether or not to post personal or otherwise sensitive information to publicly accessible areas of our site, so you should carefully consider how you use the services. KLST is not responsible for any publication or use of any Personal Information you choose to post in these locations.
III. Data Storage and Transfer
Where Is My Data Stored?
When you use KLST Software on your computing device, Content you save will be stored locally. When you synch your computing device with the Service, that Content will be replicated on our servers, which are located in the United States.
Please be aware that Personal Information and Content submitted to KLST will be transferred to a data center in the United States. If you post information to the KLST sites you are confirming your consent to such information, including Personal Information and Content, being hosted and accessed in the United States.
How Can I Access or Correct Information KLST Holds About Me?
Users who wish to
(i) access any Personal Information that we hold about you;
(ii) request that we correct or delete the Personal Information that we hold about you; or
(iii) request that we not use or stop using your Personal Information for marketing purposes may do so by contacting us at compliance AT klstinc DOT com. We will comply with such requests to the extent permitted or required by law.
How Secure Is My Data?
KLST is committed to protecting the security of your information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of information you transmit to us; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data transmission, we make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems:
- Your KLST password is protected by encryption, and only you have access to it.
- Your personal information and data stored in our systems is protected by various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. It is housed in a secure facility, and KLST restricts physical and network access to this facility to select trained staff. We regularly evaluate our technologies, facilities, procedures and potential risks to maintain the security and privacy of our users’ data.
- Certain KLST services support the use of standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions. However, this is not a guarantee that such data transmissions cannot be accessed, altered or deleted due to firewall or other security software failures.
If KLST learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on our web site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
IV. Information Deletion
What Happens If I Want to Stop Using KLST Applications and Services?
You can delete Content you have posted to any applications or Services at any time, and you can stop using KLST applications and Services at any time. If you delete information and material from a device and then sync your account, it will no longer be accessible to you or others who may access the Service, but residual copies of your deleted Content may continue to exist on KLST’s back-up and archiving systems for up to one year due to the nature of those systems’ operations. If you cancel your account, the Content in your account will not be deleted.
What Happens If KLST Closes My Account?
If KLST closes your account due to a Terms of Service violation, then you may contact KLST to request deletion of your data, and KLST will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
V. Contact Us
How Can I Contact KLST?
In the USA or Canada
KL Software Technologies Inc.
40 E Main St, #680
Newark, DE 19711
Outside the USA or Canada
KL Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
No: 73 (2nd Floor), NU TECH PLAZA, Arcot Road, Kodambakkam,
Chennai 600024, Tamilnadu, India
Phone: +91 44 4323 5578