KLST experience with Windows 8.1 App Development
- We recommend the following best practices for designing Windows 8.1 apps:
- Define app resources - Define your app's resources to improve maintainability and localization.
- Respond to user interaction - Handle user interactions from touch, pen/stylus, mouse, and keyboard devices.
- Work with data and files - How to bind data, read, write, and save to files, as well as how to manipulate XML data.
- Connect to networks and web services - How to create connected apps. A connected, or network-aware app, can use the network for a variety of purposes including RSS feeds, games, and to interact with nearby devices.
- Manage user info - How to use roaming credentials, how to authenticate users with Live Services, and how to set up single sign-on.
- Launch and resume apps - How to launch, suspend, and resume your app while keeping app data safe and fresh.
- Add multimedia - How to capture multimedia, play audio and video, process image files, share or stream media, and transcode multimedia.
- Integrate devices, printers, and sensors - How to support devices like printers, cameras, sensors, removable storage, choose the right motion and orientation sensor for your game, how to use a light sensor to adjust screen brightness, and how to detect a user's geographic location.
- Add trials and in-app purchases - How to use free apps, trials (both time-based and feature-based), paid apps, and in-app purchases so your customers can try your app for free and choose what works for them.
- Globalize your app - How to localize/globalize your app.
- Make your app accessible - How to create apps that are accessible to the widest possible audience, including people who have impairments or disabilities.
- Package apps - How to use Visual Studio to access the Windows Store and package your app for distribution.
- Debug and test apps - How to use the testing and debugging tools in Visual Studio.
Annotate101 microsite to review innovative features and watch cool demos of KLST's very own Annotate101 app exclusively designed for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 platform.
Download Annotate101 app from
Windows Store now.